Monday, June 21, 2010

Father’s Day

I had great plans for Alan for Father’s Day, but none of it quite worked out…my last egg broke as I was making brownies, I couldn’t find any bread for breakfast this morning, I couldn’t find the “perfect” gift for Alan, but the Lord was so gracious to remind me of His great love for us as our perfect, gracious Heavenly Father.  At our International Fellowship this morning, we sang a song called “The Goodness of God”.   This is something that I have been praying about for our kids, that they would know and claim, “You are good and what you do is good. Teach me your statutes,” Psalm 119:68.  Today I was reminded that He is good, all the time.  During the day the Lord encouraged me and was good to us with things that could not be bought, or even made to encourage and show our love and respect to Alan.  This evening Cameron said, “Happy Father’s Night!”  and at dinner he prayed and thanked God for some sweet things about Alan.  During dinner, Laura Cate also looked at Alan and said for the first time, “I love you!” in her baby babble.  These were the best Father’s Day gifts I think we could have given.  It turned out to be a precious, priceless day.  Praise God for His goodness!

Here are the lyrics to the song “The Goodness of God”

My God is a giver, an overflowing river
Pouring His lavish love on us
Season after season we give him every reason
To stop, but he never does
Chorus:
oh-oh-oh, the goodness of God
Is flooding my heart with peace
Oh-oh-oh, the goodness of God
Is bringing me to my knees
Verse Two
My God is a Father, who ransoms sons and daughters
Pouring His costly love on us
Greatest treasure given, so we can be forgiven
His Son crushed to make us whole
Repeat Chorus
Bridge
We say... We believe You are good
We believe You are good, You are good.
We believe You are good
We believe You are good, You are good.

No comments: