Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cameron's Birthday!

I always get so overwhelmed celebrating our childrens' birthdays...overwhelmed by God's grace and mercy for giving us these precious gifts and His faithfulness in the past year.  So, I love to celebrate birthdays and this year was so much thinking about what Cameron enjoys...there are so many things, but this year more than any other he has gotten into LEGOs, so we had a LEGO party, but complete with a LEGO toss (I reminded the kids not to do it at home :) ).  We had so much fun and Alan and I enjoyed making the cake together again as well...thankfully it as not an all-nighter! I can't believe I have a 5 year old...he is such a joy and I love learning more about him and being with him every day.  We are so blessed to be Cameron's parents.

We actually celebrated a little before his birthday because I went to a mom's conference over his birthday weekend that only happens every two years.  It was a tough choice to be gone, but I think it was ok. So, we had a birthday party on Sunday, then Alan went out of town until Wednesday, so we celebrated on Thursday as a family, and I left Friday and then Alan and Cameron celebrated again on Saturday...Cameron was a little confused when I called and sang Happy Birthday to him on Saturday. He said, "Mommy, why are you singing again?"  I think he had a GREAT birthday week!
I can't believe his is 5! Great job blowing out the candles of his chocolate poundcake LEGO cake. When we first brought out his cake he wasn't quite sure what it was :) Supposed to be stacked LEGOs...
Here he is with his new headlamp getting into his new sleeping bag...I think he was VERY excited!

I love this picture how Cameron is allowing Laura Cate to help him get into his new sleeping bag
We went downtown and played outside a little bit and then took a train on our city's first subway line and to his Cameron's favorite restaurant


Here we are on the train!


No comments: