Thursday, April 24, 2014

Healing? And hopefully more to come

I often back-blog...like write about something that happened months ago and I'm ok with that, but yesterday and today seem too heavy to wait. Alan has not gotten any better with his migraines, except for last week he only had one (!), but we don't know if that was an anomaly or a new reality, because he had one yesterday. He's also had major nausea from his preventatives which we don't want to get off of, but he has felt pretty miserable recently...headaches nonstop without the ability to take anything and nausea all day everyday...I told him it was like morning sickness when you are pregnant :)

So, yesterday, a friend of ours,who suffers from chronic back pain, had a supporter recommend a pastor about an hour away who has the power of healing. We thought we didn't have anything to lose, so Alan went with his friend. After lots of prayer, lots of oil, and several hours later, he was home. He woke up today for the first time in a very long time without a headache.  Praise The Lord!

We needed that today especially because I ended up at the doctors because I had a little rash, which turned out to be SHINGLES!!! I could not believe it. My doctor ( whom I'd never met before) asked me if I'd been stressed recently??....I just cried. Oh my goodness.

I am so thankful for a compassionate doctor, for good medicine, that we caught it early, and for an amazing husband who understands pain and suffering and can enter in that with me. I am thankful for the small glimpses and experiences we have  to enter into suffering and pain like Christ, who willingly chose to suffer and die for you and for me.

I was reading Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted among the earth. The Lord of hosts is with us, the God of Jacob is our fortress. "

I pray God will be exalted in our pain. We do need more healing, however The Lord wants to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xcb dfh