Tuesday, August 21, 2012


Mother's Day
Where we live, as I go about my day shepherding three precious kids, people always have the same basic comments: 1) they ask if I have "help",  meaning do my parents or in- laws live with me and help us raise our kids, of course they are always surprised when I say no and they cant imagine why not...but really, I don't expect our parents to move half way around the world to come help us.  2) the other thing I hear most often is that life with more than one kid is so difficult.  They are a culture that has been brainwashed to think that children are a commodity, to raise, get to the best schools so that the can be the best jobs, go to America, and pay for their parents when they are retired.  That is basically the vicious cycle and idolization of money, materialism, Western things, and children.  I don't disagree that motherhood is difficult. It is the most demanding, non-stop job I've ever had. BUT, children are a blessing from the Lord and oh so precious.  I love my munchkins and am so thankful I get to be their mommy.  I get to teach them how great God is and how to walk in His ways, all daylong, and every day, about repentance and forgiveness (i do a lot of asking them for forgiveness), grace, love, and truth. 

A wise friend with a little bit older children once said to me about having little ones, "The days are long, but the years are short." I couldn't  agree more. I cling to the Word of the Lord and He says in Galatians 6:9, "And let us not grow weary while doing good,  for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." I know I may not see my efforts today, tomorrow, or even in a few months, but I do know God is faithful to me,and to my kids and I am so so thankful  He is with me, leading me, being my strength, my wisdom and and entrusting me with Cameron,  Laura Cate, and William. 

So whenever someone here says life is really difficult raising three kids, I smile and say "yes,  but I am blessed."

No comments: