Sunday, December 23, 2012

Thankful for Thanksgiving!


Hmm, so much to write about.  I guess I should update and say that we had a wonderful Thanksgiving before Christmas arrives and we have more to write about! I am blessed with an amazing husband, who, of the many many things he does well, one of those is cooking...he actually enjoys it more than I do and there have been many a night when he comes home and see me struggling in the chaos of cooking and keeping eyes on two kids and a crazy crawler and he blesses me by taking over in the kitchen. So that goes without saying, he was extremely excited for Thanksgiving.  He thought nonstop about cooking the turkey, how it would look, leftovers, you name it! The kids and I decorated and made sweet potatoe casserole, chocolate cheesecake, pumpkin chocolate chip cake, and pumpkin dip. It was a feast. We ate around 3:30, to give ourselves time while little ones were napping to finish making everything. We had plenty of time to relax, have dessert, leftovers, and play on our roof.  I am so thankful for so many things, but especially for Alan!
               
                          yummy food
                                               
                                                     doesn't Alan make a beautiful Turkey!! 


Caught!  We found him!
We constantly find this playful boy on the hunt for cords, trashcans, and toilets

Without a nap, this sweet girl fell asleep amidst  kids playing all around her at 6:00pm. Must  have been the turkey! 

me and my girl. 



So thankful for our precious family! They are gifts from the Lord. 




No comments: