Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Perspective

I wrote this post right before Thanksgiving...
So last week was a little crazy. Alan as out of town last weekend with the Boy Scouts...yes, we have a troop in our city and since Alan was an Eagle Scout he really enjoys helping them out. One of the perks is that he takes Cameron along once a semester on one of the camp outs..to put the term loosely, if you call putting up a tent on a pile of rocks in a construction site camping. But they are out of the city, bonding, learning a lot, and Cameron is learning a lot (I hope) about servant leadership by being around the scouts.

 Then Alan left Tuesday to go out of town for work for four days, and on Saturday we finally had a birthday party for Cameron and his friend Cooper. During the midst of all that craziness, Alan might have told me we were possibly going out of town on a retreat on the 18th with  some local friends, but it did not register with me until Saturday when Alan asked me about packing. Going out of town for two days with three kids, one who is crawling around everywhere, taking Cameron out of school, right before Thanksgiving...what!?! I thought it was kind of crazy but I felt the Lord reminding me that He is bigger than our plans and HE is in control, not me. So, we went and had a good time. It actually was such a blessing to be away from home and all my "to dos" and enjoy spending time with local friends worshiping the Lord and enjoying their fellowship. I was reminded that the whole reason why we can celebrate Thanksgiving is because of Gods enormous grace and goodness to us. It is not about a perfect day, with perfect food, apartment and hosting so that people will make much of me, but so that in all things we " will give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever" (Psalm 106:1) and He will receive the glory, not me.

The kids had fun just being kids outside during our meetings.









Laura Cate had fun making new friends at meals. The boys mainly used the chopsticks to run around outside and play.



We even enjoyed playing outside on the grass. William practiced standing up and barely holding on!




No comments: