Friday, December 17, 2010

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!

Last night is started to snow!  That rarely happens here and it didn’t stick, but it was so neat to watch as I laid in bed reading Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. What a treat and a wonderful gift in the midst of our sicknesses.  I took both kids to the doctor and our helper came with us…I don’t think I could have managed both of them on the bus and walking a lot. She was such a blessing and we treated her to lunch afterwards.  Cameron has a sore throat and cough, but it is just a virus.  Alan still feels pretty bad and is keeping his distance from the kids :(  Today Laura Cate had a fever and took two naps.  It was so pitiful when I asked her how she felt and all she could say was, “feel bad”.  Yesterday the doctor  said her bites are only mosquito bites and she will be ok.  It has been a week filled with lots of hot chocolate and Christmas movies for us and as Cameron would say, “a good pajama day” as we try to get better.  I will admit it has been kind of fun!  I love having everyone at home and not going anywhere. 

Grandma and Granddad sent us a package (actually 3!) and they arrived right as we returned home from the doctor.  They could not have come at a better time.  Thank you so much!  It warmed our hearts and were so fun to open.  We received really neat Gingerbread shaped and flavored marshmallows…so we had to have some more hot chocolate to try to them….definitely yuuuummy! 

I originally wrote this Thursday afternoon and by evening Laura Cate had a raging fever of 104, so I took her to the Global Doctor' after-hour clinic.  She has swollen tonsils, probably a viral infection. 

No comments: