Saturday, December 25, 2010

Our Merry Christmas Eve Day!

Laura Cate is napping, Alan is wrapping his presents, Cameron is watching a movie and I just got finished  making our breakfast casserole…It is a nice break from spending ALL  morning at Cameron’s pre-school for their Holiday party/program that included the teachers doing a very synchronized dance, the kids dancing and us all playing games.  It was pretty fun. We played lots of races…push the tire around cones and then your parent pulls the tire back with a rope while you are sitting in it.  So, I thought I would give a quick update on what we have been doing.

The kids are finally feeling back to normal, but Alan and I are taking a little longer to recover, so I was not able to do as much this year as I usually do, but I am learning that is ok!  JESUS HAS COME! He has come for me and for you…and his love and salvation is not based on absolutely anything I have done.  It is good and I needed to slow down and really contemplate how amazing that is.  I did not have time or energy with our family being sick to do much shopping, but I am reminded that He is the greatest gift!

We did finally decorate some cookies (in the pictures below) Cameron always enjoys doing that and does a great job helping me roll them out.  Laura Cate was getting the idea of flattening the dough and kept saying “press, press” and then she ate all the dough I would give her.   We also tried to make a gingerbread house, and drank some Glogg (a spiced holiday drink) while we did it, but the house was a kit and it was a little broken and it took several days of us trying to keep it together before we finally gave up…so we enjoyed eating the gingerbread instead!

 

 

We just got back from a Christmas Eve celebration with some other young families in our neighborhood. We enjoyed some snacks and reading the Christmas story as well as other fun Christmas books and just being together with all of the kids in their pajamas :)  As soon as we got back we each opened one gift and then the kids went to bed.  We will see how early Cameron wakes up!  Merry Christmas Eve!!

No comments: