Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Laura Cate is 4!

Laura Cate turned 4 years old on Sunday, March 24.  Oh what a special day. I like having birthdays on the weekend. We could all celebrate her all day long. It started with cinnamon rolls with purple icing, skyping with both sets of grandparents and opening gifts, all before we left for church at 9:30! Whew! For days, weeks, and months all she has been hoping for was a scooter (pink and purple of course) for her birthday. Her dream came true and she was soo excited. It was really fun for us too. She can now scoot around with her brother and she can keep up pretty well even though he is 3 years older. Thankfully she is also a girly girl and loved getting rings from her brother, a cute little pink sparkly belt, and some new clothes and a new doll. She was fun to shop for!

We had a birthday party on Sunday as well and it was small and sweet. We invited the girls in her Sunday school class, so five others and it was delightful.  I will say it did not get off to the best start though because the birthday girl fell asleep (after riding around on her scooter a lot) and DID NOT want to get up or get dressed up for her own party. It was rough. I had to remind myself, it is for her, not me, not about what I want the pictures to look like or others to think. So, she ended up putting on a green cape that she loves and joined the fun way after her friends got there. I am learning which battles to fight with this precious girl and dying to myself more than I would like :) honestly.  Once she got in the groove we had a great time painting nails, playing hot potato, eating cake and opening up presents.

We praise the Lord for Laura Cate. She is delightful, fun, strong-willed, particular, attentive to detail, has a tender, compassionate heart, loves to give, quick to forgive and loves to pray and sing praise songs. We pray that God will use her strong will to be strong in the Lord and unwavering in her love for Him and that she would claim Him as the Lord of her life. I am learning so much my being her  mommy. I am learning a lot about humility, seeking wisdom, perseverance, prayer and that we do not have to parent alone...He is in it with us and God cares more about her obedience and her life than even we do.

No comments: